We are implementing the program, ZAP “Zeros Aren’t Permitted” for GRADES 3rd – 6th Only.
This program is designed to:
- Increase expectations of students who habitually, or occasionally, fail to complete and turn in homework assignments on time.
- Emphasize the belief that homework assignments/projects are important and must be completed.
Direct students to utilize their abilities to acquire self-discipline/work habits that will serve them in an educational setting and in the future when they enter the workplace.
How does the program work?
- Once a student has not turned in an assignment, the teacher will notify the front office.
- Imagine Coolidge Elementary will place a phone call/blast to parent(s)/guardians informing them that the student will be staying after school that day to complete their homework. This will be done before 9 am. In order to ensure you are contacted please make sure your contact information is Up-to-Date by 1/29/15. This can be done through our front office staff.
- Student will attend ZAP from 3:00 until 5:00 p.m. The student will remain the entire 2 hours, regardless if one or several zeros are to be made up.
- If time still remains after the student completes their assignment(s), they will go to the computer lab and work on a computer study skills program. No student is dismissed before 5:00 p.m.
- TRANSPORTATION WILL BE PROVIDED BY THE SCHOOL (for those students that need it).
- No student can be picked up before 5:00 p.m.
- Student turning in a ZAP assignment can make a maximum grade of 70%.
- Participation in extracurricular activities may be suspended until ZAP work is completed with the quality expected.
Student does NOT report to ZAP
- Will spend the day in PAD and a parent conference with the teacher is mandatory.
- Participation in extracurricular activities will be suspended until the conference.
- Student can make a maximum grade of 40% after the conference.
ZAP is a program designed to help those students who have difficulty completing assigned homework and projects. The purpose of ZAP is to help student develop the good study and homework habits that are needed to be successful at elementary and middle school levels. ZAP is not a punishment, it is a way to help students develop the discipline needed to complete assignments and achieve academic success. This is a win, win situation!